Approximately two minutes before the start of each session, please ask people to take their seats, encouraging them to sit towards the front and center. You should announce each speaker and supervise discussion from the head table using the microphone provided.
One minute before the first scheduled presentation:
· You and your co-chair (if there are two moderators) should introduce yourselves by name and affiliation.
· Announce the title of the session.
· Ask people to set their mobile devices to silent and request that they do not take photos during the session.
As the session moderator, you are responsible for the time management of the presentations within your session hall:
· You will be required to introduce the speaker and presentation title as indicated in the Mobile App. Please follow the schedule closely.
· It is essential to adhere to the scheduled start and end times of each talk. This is so that people can move from one room to another and find the talks as announced in the program.
· Notify the in-hall AV Technician immediately of AV equipment problems.
· Expect the unexpected!
· If a speaker fails to attend the session, move to the next speaker.
· If the session gets ahead of schedule, do one or more of the following:
o Have questions prepared for the speaker – 2 per presentation.
o Solicit questions from the audience.
o If you finish before the allotted time, you may let the session out early.