Late Breaking Abstract Submission is now closed.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Abstracts must be submitted via this website. Faxed or emailed abstracts will not be considered.
Please follow the instructions listed in the website step-by-step.
- Abstracts may be submitted for oral or E-poster presentation.
- The Scientific Committee will determine whether abstracts will be accepted as oral or poster presentations with consideration given to the author's preference.
- There is no limit to the number of abstracts an author may submit.
- Abstracts must be original and must not be or have been published or presented at any other meeting prior to the Congress.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Graphs and images may be uploaded in JPG, PNG and GIF format only. When including a table it is recommended to save the table as an image and then upload it into the abstract. Please note: word count is affected when graphs/tables/images are added.
- All accepted abstracts will be published in the official Congress publications.
- Only abstracts of authors who have paid their registration fees by Wednesday, April 4, 2018 will be included in the Scientific Program.
- Abstracts must be submitted by the announced deadline. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission of the abstract.
- Abstracts stating “data will be discussed in the presentation” will NOT be accepted.
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
1. Presenting author's contact details
-Full postal address
-Daytime and evening phone number
2. Author and co-authors' details
-Full first and family name(s).
-Authors’ names must be in upper and lower case (J.J.C. Smith)
-Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
3. Presentation type – please choose from one of the following:
4. Keywords – you may enter up to 10 keywords that define your abstract. The keywords must be in English and can include numbers.
5. Abstract title - limited to 25 words in UPPER CASE
6. Abstract text – limited to 250 words
(Please be sure not to include extra spaces and symbols as these are included in the word count. Word count is also affected when graphs/tables/images are included)
We recommend using word-processing software (for example, Word) for editing your abstract and counting the number of words. Typing your text directly into the field is not recommended.
7. Abstracts should clearly state:
8. Abbreviations may be used if standard or if spelled out and defined at the first use (put in parentheses immediately after the first mention of a term or phrase). Compounds should be mentioned with the generic name, in lower cases. Commercial names are admitted in the text, with an ®, and if in brackets following the generic name, i.e. “generic (Commercial ®)”.
9. Abstract Topic – abstracts must be allocated to a specific category for the Scientific Program. You will need to select the category most suited to your abstract.
10. Graphs and images may be uploaded in JPG, PNG and GIF format only. When including a table it is recommended to save the table as an image and then upload it into the abstract. Please note: word count is affected when graphs/tables/images are added.
11. DRAFT abstracts – There is no option to save the abstract as draft and to submit it at a later stage. If you do not submit your abstract, the information will be deleted. After you submit your abstract, you can still re-enter the submission link at any time to view and edit your abstract until the deadline of January 16, 2018. Please note that abstracts must be SUBMITTED before the deadline in order to be sent to review for inclusion in the Scientific Program.
Before submitting the abstract, the Abstract Submitter will be required to confirm the following:
1. I confirm that I have previewed this abstract and that all information is correct and in accordance to the abstract submission guidelines provided on the Congress website.
2. I accept that the contents of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published exactly as submitted.
3. Submission of the abstract constitutes my consent to all congress publication.
4. I warrant and represent that I am the sole owner or have the rights of all the information and content ('Content') provided to WIP 2018 and Kenes International (Hereafter: ‘Organizers’). The publication of the abstract does not infringe any third party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights.
5. I grant the Organizers a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the Content.
6. The Organizers reserve the right to remove from any publication an abstract which does not comply with the above.
7. I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are correct, which will be used to notify me about the status of the abstract. I am responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.
ETHICAL COMMITTEE APPROVAL
You will be asked to declare that you have received ethical committee approval/exemption for your study or that no ethical review is required.
CONFLICT OF INTEREST
You will be asked to confirm that you will disclose any conflict of interests in your presentation at the Congress.
ABSTRACT SELECTION AND PRESENTATION
The Committee will review all submitted abstracts. Notification regarding abstract acceptance and scheduling will be sent to the Abstract Submitter.
BEST POSTER PRIZES
The best posters will be selected to be oral presentations. The Best Oral Presentation and First Runner-up will be awarded the prize - Free registration to the WIP 2020 Congress! Winners will be announced onsite.